During the process of domestication, indoor members of feline family gradually accepted rules that humans imposed to them. Including litter boxes. Because of that, owning a cat requires much less of your time and attention than owning a dog.
You don’t have to take your kitty out whenever she needs to relieve. But, there are some other tasks related to cat ownership. Litter box cleaning for example. You will have to scoop daily, or even twice a day. If you have more than one cat, scooping work will multiply, too.
Besides, dirty litter is full of bacteria that can easily transfer into the human body. This can be especially harmful to people with impaired immunity and pregnant women. If you use an automatic litter box like the Arm & Hammer Quiet No Odor Litter Box (see on Amazon), it will separate the waste into the closed compartment, so you won’t have to put your fingers around cat feces. The odor will be minimized, and your kitty will always have a fresh “toilet”.
Arm & Hammer Quiet No Odor Litter Box Review
The Arm & Hammer Quiet No Odor Litter Box was created to help cat owners with keeping the cat box tidy. This electronic litter box works well in single cat and multiple cat households. The product is really simple to assemble and comes with instructions provided. There is a step-by-step YouTube video which can be helpful. Everything can be put together on-click, so you won’t need to use any tools.
While assembling the Arm & Hammer Quiet No Odor Litter Box, you will notice that it has 2-in-1 Odor Elimination system. The first line of defense is the liner placed in the waste compartment. It will absorb bad smells and keep them locked in.
For an extra odor elimination, there is a baking soda filter. This filter neutralizes everything that goes through the liner. With double odor protection, your house will always smell good. You won’t need to spend your money on additional air refreshers.
It is very important to fill the tray with the right amount of litter. You should pour somewhere between two min/max lines on the sides. The brand of the litter used is not significant, as long as it can form hard clumps.
When the kitty relieves, the clumped urine and feces will be picked up with a movable rake and sent into the waste receptacle. This is a simple but effective way to separate the refuse from the clean litter.
When programming the unit, you can set it to be active every 1, 4 or 8 hours. The frequency of cleaning should be higher if you have more cats. Some cat owners prefer automatic litter boxes that activate after every use, but you can always run additional cleaning cycle manually.
Although Arm & Hammer Quiet No Odor Litter Box is already less noisy than similar products, sleep mode will keep the unit completely inactive during the night. Also, there are infra-red motion sensors that will stop the rake from moving backward if the kitty reenters while cleaning. This is very important for your pet’s safety.
Maintenance of this product is simple since the motor can be detached with a click. This means that you can wash it with soap and water when you remove the motor.
You won’t have to fear that you will damage sensitive electronic parts. The rake is also removable because it might need more frequent washing.
- Arm & Hammer Quiet No Odor Litter Box is assembled on-click. No tools are needed.
- You can use any brand of hard clumping litter.
- Can be used in multiple cat households.
- Special waste receptacle liner that absorbs the bad smell.
- Baking soda filters for additional odor elimination. The filters are safe for the environment.
- Odor filter should be changed monthly if you have one cat.
- The cleaning cycle activates on timer. It can be set to sweep hourly, or it can be programmed to rake every 4 or 8 hours.
- The cleaning cycle can also be started manually.
- Light indicators, so you know how the timer is set.
- The unit has a sleep mode
- Infra-red motion sensors for safety. They will stop the rake if the cat enters.
- Min and max fill lines for the optimal amount of litter
- Motor can be detached so the unit can be cleaned with soap and water
- The rake is removable, for more frequent cleaning
- The rake is made of non-stick material
- One baking soda filter and three spare liners are included in the price
- The Instruction Book with detailed instructions is also provided
- Dimensions of the product: 23 inches L x 18.2 inches W x 9.6 inches H
- Product weight: 11.7 pounds (13.4 pounds shipping weight)
- Arm & Hammer Quiet No Odor Litter Box is easy to assemble
- It will scoop your kitty’s waste instead of you
- You won’t have to get in contact with bacteria from the dirty litter. You can change the waste liner without touching the poop.
- 2-in-1 Odor Elimination system prevents odor from spreading around the house
- Baking soda filters won’t impair yours or your pet’s health
- Waste liners additionally neutralize the odor
- You can choose the interval of cleaning by setting this automatic cat box to activate at every 1, 4 or 8 hours
- If you have more than one cat, you can use Arm & Hammer Quiet No Odor Litter Box. Just program the timer to more frequent cleaning.
- When you need some peace and quiet, set the unit on the sleep mode
- Motion sensors will stop the rake from going backward if the kitty enters the tray
- When you want to clean the unit thoroughly, just detach the motor
- Saves you money because it doesn’t require expensive litter brands. It is only important that the litter forms hard clumps so they won’t scatter.
- Fixed timer settings. The cleaning cycle is not triggered by the cat.
- Motor is less powerful when compared with similar products
- Safety sensors can fail sometimes
The Arm & Hammer Quiet No Odor Litter Box is an automatic cat box that is easy to assemble and to maintain.
It has numerous great features like the waste liner, baking soda odor filter, detachable motor, safety infra-red sensors, just to name a few.
When you program the unit, you can set it to clean every 1, 4 or 8 hours. You can also initiate the cleaning cycle manually or set it to the sleep mode during the night.
Whenever the timer activates the box, the rake will go through the litter separating the waste. The waste will be placed in a liner which will prevent the odor fr
om getting out. It also has additional baking soda odor filter that is safe for the environment. The unit has a beautiful design, and it can fit in any décor. Replacing the waste liner is hygienic, and it won’t require you to touch the waste.
The Arm & Hammer Quiet No Odor Litter Box is not noisy for and automatic cat box so it won’t traumatize the kitty. It can be used in single cat or multiple cat households. If you don’t want to get in contact with harmful bacteria every day when you scoop manually, you should consider getting this kind of product.