Automatic Cat Litter Box: Litter-Robot III Open-Air Review
The Litter-Robot III Open-Air is innovative self-cleaning, automatic litter box which will bring the ease of cat ownership to a whole new level.
If you own a cat and you don’t like to put your hands in the dirty litter or if you are often away from home, Litter-Robot III Open-Air will take care of this unpleasant task for you.
There will be no more unpleasant odors and harmful bacteria in your house.
The Litter-Robot III Open-Air is the latest top-notch product based on the successful Litter-Robot platform. This self-cleaning litter box is comfortable even for large cats. It has modern design and many simple but useful features which will make the litter routine easier for you and your cat.
Customer reviews of previous versions of the Litter-Robot (like the Litter Robot LRII) were taken into a consideration when this improved model was made. The Litter-Robot III Open-Air has a large entry which will give your cat an open-air comfort, without the ability to spill the litter all around the room.
When a cat enters the large ergonomic globe, sensors on the floor will be activated and a few minutes after she leaves the electronic litter box, cleaning cycle will start. The Litter-Robot III has an adjustable timer which will postpone the cleaning cycle for 3, 5, or 7 minutes. This way the dirty litter has enough time to form strong clumps.
After, the globe will start rotating to separate the waste that will fall down into the special drawer from the clean litter which will stay in the globe. When the litter is clean, the globe will return to its normal position, so the cat will be able to use it again.
If your kitty weighs less than 5 pounds, you will need to start the cleaning cycle manually, by pressing a button.
After a few days, when the plastic bag in the waste drawer gets full, the sensors will activate. This triggers a blinking light as a signal for you to change the bag.
Even if you own an older cat, it will be easy for her to use the Litter-Robot III Open-Air because it has a night light built in. Your pet will be able to find it in the dark.
Although it is very quiet when compared to other automatic litter boxes, it also comes with an 8-hour sleep mode option.
It also has a control lock function, so your cat will not be able to accidently press any buttons. With this amazing product, you will never have to scoop the poop again.
- Fully automated and self-cleaning litter box
- Dimensions: 29.2” H x 24.1” W x 26.7” D
- Suitable for cats weighing from 5 to 20 pounds
- Large ergonomic globe for the comfort of big cats
- Open-air oval entry size: 15.2” H x 10.7” W
- Cat sensors on the floor activate when the cat enters the globe
- Cleaning cycle wait-timer that can be set for 3, 5 or 7 minutes after the cat leaves the globe
- ON/OFF button
- “Lock controls” option so the cat can’t accidently press buttons while jumping around
- Night light to navigate older cats in the dark
- 8-hour sleep mode
- Waste fullness light indicator that lets you know when to replace the bag
- Odor filter on the waste drawer
- Rubber mat on the entry which will catch the litter, preventing it from falling on the floor
- Color: Bisque
Warranty & Guarantee
When you buy Litter-Robot III Open-Air automatic cat box it comes with a full 90 days money back warranty. If you are not satisfied with this amazing product within the 90 days you will get a money refund from the manufacturer.
The Litter-Robot III Open-Air also comes with an 18-month full guarantee and the possibility to extend this period to 36 months. In the rare case, it does break down. It is a very reliable product, made in the USA.
- It comes to your door fully assembled. Take it out of the box, plug it in and it is ready to use.
- Very user-friendly and easy to program. You can also lock the buttons, to prevent your cat from interfering with the program.
- Saves you 50% on cat litter!
- Nightlight will help the elderly cats in the dark
- Very quiet for an auto litter box, plus it has a sleep mode which will prevent the cleaning cycle from starting during the night
- Can be cleaned manually by pressing a button, if needed
- Special lining will keep the inside of the globe extra clean
- Waste drawer has built in sensors which will inform you when it’s time to change the bag
- Odor filters prevent the bad smells from spreading around the house
- Great solution if you have multiple cats
- Comes with money back guarantee, 18 months warranty and a very clear user manual
- It is a bit large, so it will need a lot of space in your home. However, it has a nice modern design making it easy to fit into the ambient of any room.
- Suitable only for cats heavier than 5 pounds. If your cat is too small you will have to start the cleaning cycle manually.
- The night light is too bright, so you might want to keep this electric litter box out of your bedroom
- It works only with clumping litter. If your cat is used to another type of litter, it might take some time for her to adjust (we recommend this one, #1 best seller on Amazon for a reason).
- You will need to put in the exact amount of the litter in order to make it work properly. However, there is an indicator line inside the globe
- It’s a bit expensive. But it is also long lasting and very reliable. Remember, you get what you pay for!
Cats are very clean animals, so if you don’t clean their litterbox regularly, they will do their thing elsewhere.
On the other hand, you would probably like to avoid touching the waste and dirty litter.
The best solution is to let the revolutionary Litter-Robot III Open-Air auto litter box do the dirty work for you while you can enjoy other more pleasant activities with your cat.
Your house will be clean, without any litter dust and waste dirt on the floor, and your cat will enjoy the open-air feeling.