If you own a cat for quite some time you are probably sick and tired of scooping by now. Once or twice a day, you have to mess with the dirty litter. Putting your face near this smelly area while the litter dust flies around is certainly not how you imagined cat ownership. And it is also not good for your health. But, in order to keep your kitty happy you just have to do that. I mean HAD. Now there is a revolutionary Omega Paw Large Self Cleaning Litter Box on the market. This product will solve all your scooping problems. You will not have to breathe in the litter dust while cleaning your kitty’s “potty” ever again. Instead, all you will have to do is roll the unit and empty the pullout scoop. Who would have thought that cleaning the dirty litter box could be so easy?
Omega Paw Large Self Cleaning Litter Box Review
Omega Paw Large Self Cleaning Litter Box uses interior grill system to separate the waste from the clean litter. After you assemble the unit, fill it with about two inches of cat litter. You can use either hard clumping litter or silica litter. Stick to the one that your kitty used before to make the transition to the new box more acceptable for her. Some kitties are very fussy when it comes to their “toilet” habits.
Since the Omega Paw Large Self Cleaning Litter Box has an enclosed design, it will give enough privacy even to the shyest cats. It can be used in single or multiple cat households. The lid will prevent the litter dust and granules from flying around while your kitty digs. This is especially useful for felines that really like to pile the litter. If you want to prevent the litter mess completely, you can buy a paw cleaning mat and place it in front of the exit. Since this hole is the only way for your pet to get out, she will have to step on this mat.
Assembling Omega Paw Large Self Cleaning Litter Box is very simple, and even a little girl can do it. It doesn’t require any tools or physical strength. When you put the lid on top, all clips will have to line up correctly. Otherwise, the product won’t work properly. Also, whenever you need to change the entire litter or clean the unit, you should remove the top part.
Here is how the interior grill system works. When the kitty relieves, it will take a minute or two for clumps to form, depending on which brand of litter you use. After that, you can start with manual self-cleaning. Roll over the box to the right, toward the side where the pullout scoop is placed. When you lean the box to this side, the entire amount of litter will go through the grill except the waste. The refuse will stay on top. Hit the bottom of the box gently to be sure that no waste sticks to it. Then return the box to its normal position. During the rollover, all of the refuse will fall into the removable scoop. All you will have to do now is to pull it out by the handle and throw the refuse away.
Cat owners love this product because it is very simple and it has an acceptable price. There is no motor that can break down, so the unit is very durable. Also, no motor means no noise that can scare off your cat and disturb your sleep. You can place this cat box anywhere in the house since there are no cords or adapters connected to the unit. The best thing is that there are no hidden costs associated with Omega Paw Large Self Cleaning Litter Box. You won’t have to buy spare cartridges, waste receptacles or liners, which are required for most automatic litter boxes. It won’t even increase your electric bill!
However, there are a few things that you should keep in mind when buying this product. It is a self-cleaning litter box, but you will have to roll it over manually. This means that you will have to do some work every day in order to keep it clean. But, you won’t have to inhale litter dust or put your fingers near the waste. It is much easier and hygienic to roll over the unit than to scoop manually.
If your kitty has to wear e-collar, she won’t be able to use the unit with the top part on. You will have to detach the lid every time she needs to go. Another solution would be to keep the cover off, and put it back only for the cleaning. Luckily, cones are temporary, so it will be just a small sacrifice that you will have to make for your pet’s health.
Check for more info & buying options on Amazon
- Omega Paw Large Self Cleaning Litter Box self-cleans when you roll it manually.
- Works with any premium clumping litter brand. Also, you can use silica litter.
- Enclosed design.
- No tools required for assembling.
- Interior grill system that separates clumps from the clean litter
- Pullout scoop for the waste disposal
- Made of easy to clean material
- No cords or AC adapters. No batteries required.
- Can be used in multiple cat households
- Product dimensions: 23 inches x 19 inches x 18.5 inches
- Product weight: 6.5 pounds
- Shipping weight: 6.8 pounds
Omega Paw Large Self Cleaning Litter Box has a one-year manufacturer warranty.
- The price is affordable when compared with electric litter boxes. It costs as low as regular litter box.
- No costly cartridges, waste receptacle replacements or liners.
- Saves money on the clean litter.
- Omega Paw Large Self Cleaning Litter Box can be assembled in a few simple steps.
- Shy cats will appreciate the privacy.
- Short and simple cleaning process.
- Doesn’t make any noise, since there is no motor in the unit.
- The hood will prevent litter granules from getting out of the tray.
- You will be able to continue using your kitty’s favorite litter brand as long as it is either hard clumping or silica
- No dust will be flying around while the kitty digs.
- The lid can be removed easily for occasional thorough cleaning and litter replacement.
- Can be placed anywhere in the apartment since it doesn’t need to be near the socket.
- Not suitable for cats when they have to wear e-collar (the cone)
- You will have to roll the unit manually.
- No odor filters built-in. You will have to wash the unit from time to time to prevent bed smells.
If you are looking for the best balance between the price and the quality when buying a self cleaning litter box, Omega Paw Large Self Cleaning Litter Box (get it here) might be the right product for you. It has interior grill system that will separate the waste into the pullout scoop whenever you roll over the unit. Then you just empty the scoop without the need to touch the refuse. You won’t get in contact with harmful bacteria or inhale litter dust. The enclosed design will prevent litter mess and keep your house tidy like you don’t have a cat at all. This product works with any premium clumping or silica litter. Even if you have more than one cat, Omega Paw Large Self Cleaning Litter Box is suitable for your household. You will just have to clean it more often. This cat box is not noisy, and even the shyest kitties feel comfortable using it.